Are you considering a new career? Do you need to develop new skills to help you secure that new job and reach your full potential?
Whether you're interested in an apprenticeship, gaining a qualification in data analytics, or would like to explore further training options, find out more about the options available:
• Skills to Work is an online tool that helps you find out what training or other supports might suit your particular needs. Based on the answers to a series of question, you will be provided with a list of education, re-skilling or work experience options that may be available to you.
• Apprenticeships are demand-driven, workplace and classroom, educational and training programmes for employed people aimed at developing the skills of the apprentice to meet the needs of industry and the labour market. Each apprenticeship programme is based on uniform, pre-specified standards which are agreed and determined by industry. On successful completion of an apprenticeship, a QQI Advanced Certificate is awarded; that is recognised internationally as the requirement for craftsperson status.
• Momentum offers free education and training projects for jobseekers who have been unemployed for 12 months or more, to gain skills and to access work opportunities in identified growing sectors.
• Springboard offers free higher education courses at Certificate, Degree and Masters level for people who are unemployed, leading to qualifications in areas where there are employment opportunities in the economy.
• Skillnets can help you develop your career and offers specific training to help you with new challenges and developments in your job. They also help to maintain your competitive edge by keeping up to date with new developments in your industry whilst gaining new qualifications and skills.
Skillnets training courses are:
• Free for employees – fees are paid by your employer and Skillnets
• Of a high quality – our training networks source the best and most relevant training providers
• Relevant – your employer can request the training you need
• Education and Training boards A range of course are available to you through your local ETB. Courses are delivered on an online, blended, evening or day basis. Find out more about the courses in your area.
• eCollege is a leading learning institution that delivers online and distance training courses in business, project management, SQL, Cisco, graphic design, web design, digital marketing, software development and basic computer literacy. eCollege online courses are available free of charge to unemployed clients and transitional workers.
These courses are designed to give a flexible response to the specific skills needs of job ready individuals who require training interventions with certification to assist them to re-enter the labour market.
Courses are also available for a fee, to employed persons who wish to update their skills.
Employers please talk to eCollege about the subsidised rate available from SOLAS for employers who wish to enhance the skills of their employees.