Backup of text from looking to work/recruit in Europe page of JobsIreland 20/12/2018
Join the EURES Network
Would your organization benefit from the European labour market? Is your organization looking to recruit workers with specific skills? How can EURES help you? As a Member or Partner of EURES Ireland you have immediate access to all labour market information, expertise and experience within the European EURES Network.
What is EURES?
EURES, the European Employment Services Network, set up in 1993, was established by the European Commission to facilitate the free movement of workers within the European Union (EU)/ European Economic Area (EEA) countries. The network is composed of: the European Coordination Office (ECO), the National Coordination Offices (NCOs), EURES Partners and the Associated EURES Partners.
The purpose of EURES is to provide information, advice and recruitment/placement (job-matching) services for the benefit of workers and employers as well as any citizen wishing to benefit from the principle of the free movement of persons.
At European Level, EURES is:
- A co-operation network formed by public employment services in all EU/EEA countries
- 1,000+ specially trained European EURES advisers
- European database of employment opportunities
- CV Database of European Jobseekers
In Ireland, EURES is part of the European Employment Services of the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP).
Who can apply?
An organisation lawfully operating in a Member State may apply to become a EURES Member. If an organisation is not established in Ireland, it must have an entity in Ireland in order to be considered. An organisation applying to become a EURES Member shall, in its application, undertake to fulfil all the obligations addressed to Members under Regulation (EU) 2016/589, including
- Contributing to the pool of job vacancies.
- Contributing to the pool of job applications and CVs.
- Providing support services to workers and employers
An organisation lawfully operating in a Member State may apply to become a EURES Partner. If an organisation is not established in Ireland, it must have an entity in Ireland in order to be considered. An organisation applying to become a EURES Partner shall, in its application, undertake to fulfil all the requirements to which EURES Partners are subject under Regulation (EU) 2016/589, and also justify that it can fulfil no more than two of the obligations listed above on the grounds of the scale; financial resources and nature of the services normally provided including being a not-for-profit organisation.
Benefits of joining the EURES network
- Access to labour market information from the various member countries.
- Access to all job vacancies and CVs on the EURES portal.
- Connecting to the activities and plans of other members and partners.
- Build your organisation’s expertise.
- Working under the EURES brand; use of EURES name and logo.
- National and European training programs for your EURES advisors.
How to apply?
Complete the Quick Check questionnaire to see if your organization is eligible to apply to join the EURES network. If you have answered more questions with “yes” than with “no”, your organisation is eligible to apply. Download the Questionnaire here