Transport Planner/Supervisor required for busy transport company. Applicants must have some transport planning experience with basic IT skills.
Duties will include
- Customer liaison to include booking in deliveries, Pricing of jobs & Manifest creation
- Responsible for the planning of numerous vehicles for nationwide delivery
- Extensive tracking of jobs and costings
- Preparing any transport jobs and paperwork as and when required
- Driver liaison regarding deliveries and collections
- Some basic warehouse work i.e loading and unloading trucks
- Maintaining vehicle records
- Maintaining driver records
- Good knowledge of Tachograph Regulations
- General assistance where necessary in the different departments
- Normal working hours 8.30am - 5.30pm but would need to be flexible when required in order to get the job done.
- Take out of hour work calls when required, with possible weekend work when required.
- Ability Skills:Administration, Communications, Computer Literacy, Customer Service
- Competency Skills:Problem Solving, Teamwork, Time Management, Working on own Initiative