We are searching for a professional experienced and talented Head Pastry Chef with a natural passion for excellent pastry quality to join our team.
As Head Pastry Chef, you will report directly to the Head Chef of Ballyseedy Restaurant and oversee the full pastry section of the restaurant.
The successful candidate must have an excellent command of English language, work well as part of a teaming have a strong work ethic. Must also be a good communicator, exceptionally friendly and inclusive, even after a long shift.
String team leadership and managerial skills are essential for this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and presenting a wide variety of quality goods such as desserts, cakes, cookies, pies, bread, pastries and bakery items.
- Decorating pastries using different icings, toppings, etc. to ensure that the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Continually improving and upgrading offerings, remaining up to date with latest culinary trends and create ideas into efficient and consistent implementations.
- Creating new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Handling multiple tasks with attention to detail and presentation.
Keeping an aye on the section and standards.
- Supervising chefs in the pastry section to ensure top quality products.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the restaurant manager and staff in general.
Having a strong awareness and compliance with all Health & Safety work practices and HACCP.
- Ensuring a high standard of personal hygiene.
Candidates must only apply if they have a minimum experience of 5 years